What to expect
- Biomechanical exam
- Orthotic + footwear prescription
- Braces + supports prescription
Podiatrists specialise in foot, ankle and lower limb health. They can diagnose, treat, and manage lower limb injuries or conditions that lead to pain.
Dale Gooding is our Sports Podiatrist who has expertise in biomechanical assessments, orthotics, footwear, and braces. He can provide a comprehensive management plan for all your foot, ankle, and lower limb injuries.
- Manage and recover from injuries sustained during sports
- Apply appropriate management strategies to reduce the likelihood of it happening again in the future
- Reduce your risk of sustaining initial injuries
- Optimise your performance and reduce fatigue during sports
They can do this by:
- Performing tailored biomechanical assessment of the lower limbs and their function during your sporting activities
- Using orthotics to alter your foot biomechanics
- Gait retraining and technique revision
- Prescribing physical therapy (strengthening and stretching) exercises to promote healthy lower limb function
- Recommending sport-specific footwear that adds support and stability
- Referring appropriately where further investigations are required
- Ankle pain
- Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
- Stress Fracture
- Sever’s Disease
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Footwear assessments
- Lower limb bracing assessments
- Biomechanical gait analysis
Physiotherapists are rehabilitation experts who use an evidence-based approach using scientific evidence and research to assess, diagnose and treat musculoskeletal injuries, pain and dysfunction.
Physiotherapists treat a range of conditions from new injuries (acute injuries) to long-standing injuries (chronic injuries). The objectives of physiotherapy are to help restore normal movement and function of an injured area and also to prevent further injury or deterioration.
Treatment options are varied and utilise modalities such as manual therapy, mobilisations, soft tissue treatments, corrective exercises, muscle and movement retraining.
- Accurate assessment & diagnostics skills
- Comprehensive management plans to return you back to your normal function
- Manual therapy – manipulations + mobilisations (adjustments), soft tissue treatments
- Rehab & Corrective Exercise prescription – specific and progressive exercises which are individualised to your injury and your goals
- Acupuncture – western acupuncture + dry needling
- Pain management
- Shockwave Therapy
- Infrared Laser Therapy
- Injury prevention – identifying injury risk factors and reducing injury risks
- Pre + Post Operative care and rehabilitation
- Return to sport / Return to work plan