Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapist | Acupuncture | Shockwave Therapist
Peter has been in private practice and sports for the past 14 years. He completed his Bachelor in Physiotherapy and Masters of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and Acupuncture at the Auckland University of Technology.
He has been an early proponent of Shockwave therapy in the treatment of chronic tendon injuries, ligament injuries, non-healing fractures, and myofascial trigger points and scar tissue.
He is also highly experienced in treating musculoskeletal conditions from acute injuries to chronic hard to manage tendon injuries. His experience with treating elite athletes and everyday folk in New Zealand and Australia means he has a vast knowledge base and skills to be able to handle anything you throw at him.
Outside of work he enjoys spending time in the gym, travelling, photography and is going to be the father of twins, so those hobbies may have to be put on hold.
Peter’s roles have included:
- New Zealand Men’s Black Sticks – 2016 Rio Olympics / 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games / World Cup 2010, 2014
- New Zealand Breakers Basketball – 2017/18 Assistant Physiotherapist
- MAPFRE Sailing team – 2018 Volvo Ocean Race – Auckland Stopover
- ASB Classic Men’s ATP Tennis – 2017 Auckland
- Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand Oceania Team
- Team Great Britain Triathlon – ITU Auckland
- Australian Women’s Floorball Team
- Counties Under 20’s Rugby Team ATP tennis tour – Current position